[Kea-users] Global host reservations - unexpected behavior

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Oct 15 21:18:23 UTC 2019

> I'm trying to translate our ISC DHCP config to kea.  I had assumed
> from this that I needed to put reservations within the subnet as you
> discovered.  To me it makes more sense to have them associated with
> the subnet rather than globally as ISC DHCP did.

=> BTW this is an easy case because you can infer from the address in
what subnet a reservation should go. But of course when you have no address
i.e. when a reservation is used to set hostname and/or specific options,
you can only rely on a heuristic in particular when you can't use global
reservations (e.g. when you use an old Kea version which does not support
them).

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: teh Kea Migration Assistant is available in the public repository and
should be integrated into the distribution of the next ISC DHCP.
You can get soem idea from it and of course if you can propose improvements
you are welcome.