[Kea-users] Server deployments

Klaus Steden klausfiend at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 08:12:06 UTC 2019

We have a similar concern with our data centers and ended up rolling our
own app that handles this problem.

Basically, if you use a database backend, you can use the database API (in
our case, MySQL) to create/remove reservations and manage leases (although
generally we don't do this all that often).

AFAIK this is not the best practice recommended by the Kea engineering team
as there are hooks that can be exposed in the application to perform CRUD
operations on leases and reservations, but at the very least, I think that
you should definitely use a database backend to make managing this problem
easier, regardless of how you end up doing so.

hth,
Klaus