[Kea-users] Kea 1.6 Configuration Backend

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Thu Sep 5 18:18:14 UTC 2019

The schema for the configuration backend is documented in the code, here: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/blob/master/src/share/database/scripts/mysql/dhcpdb_create.mysql <https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/blob/master/src/share/database/scripts/mysql/dhcpdb_create.mysql>  We also have some related design documents in our public Gitlab - https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration-in-db-design <https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/wikis/designs/configuration-in-db-design>.

So, a do-it-yourselfer can certainly populate the tables directly or develop their own system for modifying the tables. This is not recommended because, as Thomas pointed out, it is easy to screw things up directly modifying the database.  But, the feature enabling the configuration backend is open source, and you are welcome to modify the open source however you like for your deployment.

Vicky

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium