[Kea-users] HA: Which server "owns" the lease

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Mon Sep 9 11:02:37 UTC 2019

Hello Bjørn,

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Kea doesn't store the
identifier of the server which allocated the particular lease.
Currently, the only way to find out which server has allocated the lease
is by parsing the logs, as you did.

The feature you're asking for may actually be useful for diagnostics, so
I would like to encourage you to create the Gitlab issue for it and we
will discuss this within the team members on our regular meeting.

See: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea

Kind Regards,

Marcin Siodelski
ISC Engineering