[Kea-users] Kea hook lease6_select callback not getting called at times

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri Sep 27 16:03:44 UTC 2019

Explaination: the DHCP6_LEASE_ALLOC log message is from the server code,
lease6_select callout point is in the allocation engine library.
The server calls allocateLeases6 in the library, this method has at least
4 main cases so I am not very surprised that not all branches call
the callout (it is called only by 2 internal methods).
We'll revisit the definition of the callout point to see if it is a bug
and if it is we'll fix it.

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>