[Kea-users] kea-dhcp-ddns.conf log output format and %m

Rick Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:11:50 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 12:56 PM Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org> wrote:

> => log4cplus offers some formating but only a subset of printf so
> nothing powerful enough. I am afraid you have to do the to JSON translation
> on the other side i.e. in log files or (new)syslog.

Francis, thanks for responding!

I don't have a JSON requirement, it was just the easiest way to parse for
my logstash filtering.
I could work with straight log text, again if it were single line output.
kea-dhcp4 logging seems to use single line output for each event,
easy to json format it, or otherwise parse the single line output it
produces.

Do you know what the rationale was to have kea-dhcp-ddns log output using
multiline format?

Thanks