[Kea-users] ha heartbeat error: unable to forward command to the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory. The server is likely to be offline

Chris Calbreath ccalbreath at gatewayfiber.com
Wed Aug 5 13:41:04 UTC 2020

I resolved this issue. It turned out to be when I was creating the control socket in the config. I moved the control socket statement to the first line of the config under the service and the control socket was created. It appears if you declare interfaces before the control socket - the control socket is not created.

I've add the HA Pair to stork - but am not able to retrieve any subnet stats from them - I just get a no stats yet message. I've messaged the stork users list for guidance on that.

Chris