[Kea-users] kea & log4cplus
bill.pye at protonmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:50:22 UTC 2020
I'm currently using kea on CentOS8 and have a little question. I'm seeing the following messages when I do a system upgrade:
Problem 2: cannot install the best update candidate for package isc-kea-libs-1.9.2-isc0009720201123144834.el8.x86_64
- problem with installed package isc-kea-libs-1.9.2-isc0009720201123144834.el8.x86_64
- package isc-kea-libs-1.9.2-isc0009720201123144834.el8.x86_64 requires liblog4cplus-1.1.so.9()(64bit), but none of the providers can be installed
- cannot install the best update candidate for package log4cplus-1.1.3-0.4.isc1.el8.x86_64
- cannot install both log4cplus-1.2.0-11.el8.x86_64 and log4cplus-1.1.3-0.4.isc1.el8.x86_64
- cannot install both log4cplus-1.1.3-0.4.isc1.el8.x86_64 and log4cplus-1.2.0-11.el8.x86_64
Obviously this is a test kea-1.9 but I see the same messages for the kea-1.8 version, is kea actually built to use a specific version of log4cplus and if so, why? Wouldn't it be better to use the O/S available version of log4cplus rather than a specific version or have I messed something obvious here?
Do forgive me if my questions is a bit basic but I'm just a home user of kea and somewhat inexperienced.
Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kea-users