[Kea-users] KEA DHCP and VLANS...

Talkabout talk.about at gmx.de
Mon Feb 3 17:39:01 UTC 2020

Hi Tom,

I tried your „dirty“ solution but unfortunately it is now compatible with my nfsroot boot mechanism. Nevertheless I was able to solve my issue in a different way. For anybody who might have the same Problem in the future:

- Create a macvlan device via systemd-networkd:

eth1.netdev
[code][NetDev]
Name=eth1
Kind=macvlan
MACAddress=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (generate a unique mac address and put it here)

[MACVLAN]
Mode=bridge[/code]

eth1.network
[code][Match]
Name=eth1

[Network]
Address=192.168.xx.xx/24 (put a valid ip from your subnet for all 3 values)
Gateway=192.168.xx.x
DNS=192.168.xx.xx
IPForward=yes[/code]

- on the physical device definition you need to define that it belongs to the created mac vlan:
[code][Match]
Name=eth0 (your physical device)

[Network]
... (keep previous values)
MACVLAN=eth1
...[/code]

When now systemd-networkd gets restarted, eth1 device is considered a separate network interface with a valid hardware address and ip. Now creating a "raw" bind on that device does not interfere with the vlan any more and KEA DHCP Server is assigning correct ips.

Bye

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10