[Kea-users] Always send hostname when reserved in DB

Oliver Hills Oliver.Hills at r-group.com.au
Mon Jan 6 02:37:59 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I'm in a situation where I want to send DHCPv4 option 12 hostname to a class of devices that don't specifically request the hostnames.  I have the host reservations in a PGSQL database, can anyone advise how I can force the hostnames to be sent?  I've tried adding just the option code and always-send with no data to the option-data but this doesn't work.  I can provide config if required but as I'm at >400 lines currently it's probably best to only provide the relevant bits and I'm unsure what those are right now :)

Oliver Hills | DevOps Engineer