[Kea-users] ha heartbeat error: unable to forward command to the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory. The server is likely to be offline

Chris Calbreath ccalbreath at gatewayfiber.com
Tue Jul 28 20:15:00 UTC 2020

Has anyone experienced this before? I have 2 Kea v1.79 servers running in a load balancing pair but I get the following errors when running kea-ctrl:

{ "command": "ha-heartbeat", "service": [ "dhcp6" ] }
INFO  COMMAND_RECEIVED Received command 'ha-heartbeat'
DEBUG CTRL_AGENT_COMMAND_FORWARD_BEGIN begin forwarding command ha-heartbeat to service dhcp6
DEBUG CTRL_AGENT_COMMAND_FORWARD_FAILED failed forwarding command ha-heartbeat: unable to forward command to the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory. The server is likely to be offline
DEBUG HTTP_SERVER_RESPONSE_SEND sending HTTP response HTTP/1.1 200 OK to XXX.XXX.223.245
DEBUG HTTP_SERVER_RESPONSE_SEND_DETAILS detailed information about response sent to XXX.XXX.223.245:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 20:06:35 GMT

[ { "result": 1, "text": "unable to forward command to the dhcp6 service: No such file or directory. The server is likely to be offline" } ]