[Kea-users] PostgreSQL Logging

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Tue Jun 2 20:57:44 UTC 2020

Asghar Hussain writes:
> For KEA server version 1.6.2, can you please advise if its possible to have
> log entries sent to a PostgreSQL server.

=> in Kea there are two things named logging so I'll answer for both:
 - for forensic/legal logging: yes PostgreSQL is supported

 - for the system logging: they are sent to standard output or error,
  to a file or to syslog. According to its documentation rsyslogd
  is able to send logs to a database including a PostgreSQL one
  (I never used this but perhaps someone in the list did/does?)

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>