[Kea-users] DDNS Error

Joshua Schaeffer jschaeffer at harmonywave.com
Tue Jun 9 18:05:21 UTC 2020

On 6/9/20 11:28 AM, Stephen Morris wrote:
> 2. In the "forward-ddns" section of the kea-dhcp-ddns.conf configuration
> file, "key-name" is set to blank, so no key is being used to communicate
> with the BIND server.  However, in the BIND configuration, the
> "allow-update" clause means that BIND requires a key in order to update
> the "home.local" zone.
>
> 3. The name of the only defined key in the kea-dhcp-ddns configuration
> is "homelocal.key." (i.e. with a trailing period), but the name of the
> key in BIND is "homelocal.key" (without the trailing period).  Assuming
> the defined key is the one that should be used to communicate with BIND,
> the names should match.
I'd agree with Stephen that you need to make sure your key-name is specified in the forward-ddns section and that it matches the key name that BIND is configured to use. In addition to this you are getting an RCODE response, which means that you are getting an error from the DNS server. As you have DNS logs set to debug you should look through those logs to see if the DNS server will give you more information about the specifics of the error.

--
Thanks,
Joshua Schaeffer