[Kea-users] IRC on freenode.net #isc-kea

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Mon Mar 2 20:39:24 UTC 2020

> On Mar 2, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Dajka Tamás <viper at vipernet.hu> wrote:
>
> The idea is great, but I'm a bit skeptic if the ISC guys have time for this
> kind of things... they did not have time to respond my develompent request
> for 2 month…

Yeah, that is a factor. I am concerned about our ability to monitor another channel. It is a struggle just to monitor all our mailing lists, and twitter, issues coming in via email and github and gitlab, while we are trying to move forward on our day jobs (generally - developing, testing, fixing and releasing software, or providing support to customers).  With IRC, there is even more of an expectation that people are available and monitoring the conversation.  Adding another channel would by definition reduce the amount of attention we can pay to the existing channels.

Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium
vicky at isc.org