[Kea-users] Kea DDNS issues

Ben Monroe bendono at gmail.com
Fri May 1 04:27:40 UTC 2020

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the follow up.
Indeed, as you suggested I can see the listening socket in ss.

# ss -tupnl | grep 53001
udp     UNCONN   0        0           172.16.100.4:53001          0.0.0.0:*
     users:(("kea-dhcp-ddns",pid=1,fd=13))
#

Also as you indicated, this is clearly listening on the internal Docker
network IP rather than the loopback.
Not as I expected, but I am convinced. I also appreciate the additional
comments on security.
After a complete restart of all relevant containers I have begun to see
DDNS updates.

Much appreciated,
Ben Monroe