[Kea-users] MySQL Error

Marcin Siodelski marcin at isc.org
Fri May 29 09:32:07 UTC 2020

David,

Since you're currently running Kea 1.6.0, I should make it clear that
currently Stork works only with Kea versions 1.7.3 and later. This is
because it makes heavy use of the status-get control command which was
introduced in 1.7.3.

We're aware that it causes trouble for people running stable Kea 1.6.0.
The 1.7.x branch of Kea is a development/experimental branch and is
basically meant for testing rather than running in production. However,
please note that Stork is also on its early version and there are still
many things to be ironed out before we can fully support it. We're still
to make some decisions whether Kea 1.8.0 will be required to run Stork
or we will back port some necessary changes to 1.6.0 to work with Stork.
For now, I can merely recommend testing Stork with the latest Kea 1.7.8
release.

Also, you mentioned that you need Kea with MySQL backend to allow it
running with Stork. Could you clarify? Stork can also run with the Kea
servers using Memfile backend as the lease storage and a regular
configuration file (not neccessarily the Kea Config Backend).

Marcin