[Kea-users] kea-dhcp4 -t file: check the configuration file syntax and exit but fails because of interface

Veronique Lefebure veronique.lefebure at cern.ch
Fri Aug 27 09:39:15 UTC 2021

Hi,

Before deploying a new kea configuration file on our DHCP server, we
want to validate it.

The configuration file "kea-dhcp4.conf" is generated on host1 where we
want to validate it by running

     kea-dhcp4 -t kea-dhcp4.conf

And once validation has passed, we plan to deploy "kea-dhcp4.conf" ho
the KEA server running on host2.

The problem we have is that validation fails with the following error:

Error encountered: Failed to select interface: interface 'xxxxx' doesn't
exist in the system (kea-dhcp4.conf:225:9) (kea-dhcp4.conf:224:7)

coming from

     "interfaces-config": {
       "interfaces": [
         "xxxxx"
       ],
       "dhcp-socket-type": "udp"
     },

Interface 'xxxxx' may exist on host2 but not on host1.

Is anyone encountering the same problem ?

Is there a work-around ?

Thanks,

Veronique