[Kea-users] Radius hook in Dual-Stack

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri Jul 16 09:24:55 UTC 2021

Thomas Wilhelm writes:
> "This library may only be loaded by the kea-dhcp4 or the kea-dhcp6 process."

=> this means it should not be loaded in the control agent or the DDNS
(aka D2) server process.

> Is there a way to use the radius hook in a Dual-Stack environment?

=> easy: configure/load it in the kea-dhcp4 and the kea-dhcp6 servers.
I do not believe it will share something between the two servers at
the exception of course of the RADIUS server itself.

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: some hook libraries explicitely check if they are loaded in the right
server in the case the linker did not complain but this piece of code
was not added to the radius or the host cache code (for lack of time).
BTW there will be a D2 hook library (working on it) so it is not a
theorical issue as when the radius doc was written...