[Kea-users] Prevent lease storage for some subnets

Anders Rosendal anders at rosendal.nu
Wed Jul 21 20:09:11 UTC 2021

Hi
Only a user myself, and have not read if this is possible, although I
totally agree it's a good idea.
In an ISP environment it's fairly common to have /30 or /31 ptp-links for
mgmt of cpe's. For these scenarios I have seen a few inhouse build
solutions which do what we call "gi+1", i.e. when a discover/request comes
in just reply with adding "1" to the gi-address of the request.
With this solution autoconfiguration of equipment can be performed, also if
the access network allows the IP can be configured statically during
initial autoconfiguration.

If this feature is not available, I do think it would be a useful addition.

Regards Anders R