[Kea-users] ddns rev. zones and required client class

Peter Davies peter.watson.davies at outlook.com
Wed Nov 3 09:12:25 UTC 2021

Hi Christian,
  DNS updates are performed by the kea-dhcp-ddns (aka d2) process on receipt a "Name Change Request" (NCR).
You would need to change the ip address in the NCR sent from Kea to enable sort of behaviour.
The behavioral parameters for ddns in kea-dhcp4 configuration are:
• ddns-send-updates
• ddns-override-no-update
• ddns-override-client-update
• ddns-replace-client-name
• ddns-generated-prefix
• ddns-qualifying-suffix
• ddns-update-on-renew
• ddns-use-conflict-resolution
• hostname-char-set
• hostname-char-replacement

There does not appear to be a parameter that could be used to change the IP address in an NCR.

Kind Regards Peter