Generator Test at ISC, 950 Charter St, Redwood City, CA

Jim Martin jrmii at isc.org
Thu Aug 25 18:15:18 UTC 2011

MAINTENANCE ANNOUNCEMENT

What: Generator Test at ISC, 950 Charter St, Redwood City, CA
When: Thursday, September 1st, 2011 10:00am Pacific
Duration: Approximately 1 hour
Expected Impact: None

	This coming Thursday morning, September 1st, 2011 at 10:00am Pacific, ISC will be performing it's regularly scheduled generator test at our 950 Charter St, Redwood City, Ca location. During this approximately 1 hour long test, we will simulate a failure of the power provider, initially forcing all equipment onto UPS support and subsequently causing our generator backup to start. We will run in this failed state for approximately 30 minutes, and then return to using normal upstream power.

	It is not expected that this test will impact service, however testing always has the potential to find faults, which could lead to downtime.

	Please contact ISC with any questions or concerns at +1 (650) 423-1310 or at noc at isc.org.

	- Jim Martin, ISC Director of Operations