Generator Test at ISC, 950 Charter St, Redwood City, CA

Rory Doolin doolin at isc.org
Thu Nov 24 18:17:38 UTC 2011

Date: Thursday, November 24, 2011

          MAINTENANCE ANNOUNCEMENT

  What: Generator Test at ISC, 950 Charter St, Redwood City, CA
  When: Thursday, December 1, 2011 10:00am Pacific
  Duration: Approximately 1 hour
  Expected Impact: None

  This coming Thursday morning, December 1, 2011 at 10:00am Pacific, ISC
will be performing it's regularly scheduled generator test at our 950
Charter St, Redwood City, Ca location. During this approximately 1 hour
long test, we will simulate a failure of the power provider, initially
forcing all equipment onto UPS support and subsequently causing our
generator backup to start. We will run in this failed state for
approximately 30 minutes, and then return to using normal upstream power.
  It is not expected that this test will impact service, however testing
always has the potential to find faults, which could lead to downtime.

  Please contact ISC with any questions or concerns at +1 (650) 423-1310
or at noc at isc.org.

  - Rory Doolin ISC Facilities Manager