Update on ISC's Network Situation

Jim Martin jrmii at isc.org
Tue Jul 22 02:43:27 UTC 2014

Gentlepeople,
	After 18 hours of attack, we've made good progress in returning services to operation. While we're still working with some of our peering and transit partners to install filters, and we still have our New York and Amsterdam sites in flux, we're back to largely nominal. Please bear with us as we continue our cleanup, which may extend through tomorrow.

	For the curious amongst you, as you know ISC provides secondary services for many public benefit organizations, as well as quite a few ccTLDs. Well, as of very early this morning, one of our ccTLD guests came under a rather large DDoS attack, and many other ISC guests and partners experienced collateral damage. We've worked throughout the day to resolve this issue, and will continue as needed. Our thanks to partners who have helped us through this challenging time!

	Thank you for your patience!

	- Jim