OpenReg still active?

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Mon Jan 31 04:11:31 UTC 2005

Stephane,

Before you accuse anyone, you should perhaps talk to them first.

Maybe the name "CoCCA OpenReg" is deceptively close to the dormant "ISC
OpenReg", but it has nothing to do with it, since for example the latter
is written in perl, the former in Java, and the former models on the
auDA Registry rather than on the one developed for the .ORG bid.

And the main difference is that it is not vaporware, but actually runs
Registries/Registrars.  And no offence meant towards ISC, I am sure they
spent a lot of resources.

As far as Open Source goes, I will spend much more time installing (and
perhaps even modifying) the source code than wasting my time about fine
print. And, once it is working, we'll make the source available for
download on our site.

In short I question your knowledge about this.

BTW, how far is your project?

el