Restrict who can query my DNS

Leonardo Yanes Batista informatico at alficsa.co.cu
Thu Aug 22 18:43:07 UTC 2019

could you help me find a solution to restrict who can check my DNS within my domain?

I have a domain controller with SAMBA4 and as DNS backend I use BIND9.

I would like to be able to define who are the IPs that I want to allow to consult my DNS. I tried the following but I failed to get it

/etc/bind/named.conf.options
options {
 allow-query {
                localhost;
        };
}

In essence, this should allow the domain controller itself to be the only one that has permission to query itself, but when I try to query from a PC in my domain, the DNS keeps responding to my queries. How could I avoid this?