[Stork-dev] Stork 0.3 self-guided demo

Tomek Mrugalski tomasz at isc.org
Tue Jan 14 20:05:36 UTC 2020

Ladies and Gents,

As you may know, we've been working on Stork and 0.3 has been released recently. We discussed the matter on the call today and came to a conclusion that having some sort of a demo scenario would be useful. We want to start this in a very limited audience and expand to more and more users once more capabilities become available.

Vicky and Alan,
I'd like to ask you to go to https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/-/wikis/demo and try to complete the demo. Feel free to deviate from the scenario as much as you like. Your feedback is most appreciated. Vicky already had some great suggestions (HA status more important than Kea version, so should be on top, HA status should be visible on the apps list, etc.). Please comment on existing issues or create new ones. If in doubt, create one. Closing a duplicate is better than not getting a feedback at all. Don't be discouraged if what you see now is disappointing. It will get better.

There's a lot of infrastructure underneath that we had to develop that's invisible to end users, such as the server connecting to the agent that detects running processes and reporting everything back to the user's browser. We now have much of the foundations in place and the fun stuff that end users could be excited about is coming.

Everyone,
I'm hoping the demo wiki page to be a living document. My personal plan is to maintain it to showcase interesting new stuff that's being added with possibly some commentary why we're doing things the way we do (and sometimes explain known problems). Feel free to contribute if you want to showcase your new features.

If anyone outside of ISC reads this and feeling adventurous, go ahead and join! It's still VERY early and there's not that many end user features yet. You'll need to set up your own Stork instance, but that's easy to do. Go to https://stork.readthedocs.io and see the Stork Installation section.

Thanks,
Tomek