[stork-users] Bug

Tomek Mrugalski tomek at isc.org
Mon Jun 1 16:02:33 UTC 2020

On 30.05.2020 09:25, Artur Butko wrote:
> Why does Stork not work with the stable version Kea?
Because stable Kea does not support status-get command, which is
essential for Stork to get information about Kea internal status.
It was simply not there when 1.6.0 was published.

The status-get was added in 1.7.3 and updated in later versions.

You're not the first person asking for this. We're looking at how
much work would it be to backport status-get to 1.6. Right now, it's
likely we'll do it, unless some major problem is found. If that happens,
we'll publish 1.6.3.

> And there is a Stork working with a stable version Kea, I need it for production.
Great! Can you tell us more about your production environment? If you
don't want to make it public on the list, feel free to send me a note
privately. I'm interested in as many details as you're willing to share.

How many Kea servers/subnets/host reservations/devices do you run?
What monitoring aspect you're interested in the most?
Do you want to use Prometheus/Grafana?

Thanks,

Tomek