[stork-users] Cant seem to find a way to install the agent

Craig Dunn sendai789 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:51:33 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I`m new to the list (have been a member of Kea users for a while though) I
have been upgrading my ISC-DHCP servers up to use Kea servers and I thought
I would give the Stork UI a go. I have installed it using Docker/Rake file
method and it went fine, really easy to do.

My issue comes with installing the agent onto my DHCP servers. If I try via
the UI I get a bad gateway error when I do the wget, also if I try browsing
to the URL which the UI gives me the error 'problem with reading
'webui/dist/stork/assets/pkgs' directory with packages: open
webui/dist/stork/assets/pkgs: no such file or directory'

I checked the patch and only the webui folder exists dist upwards doesn't.
Infact the file 'stork-install-agent.sh' doesn't seem to exist at all
anywhere on the stork server. I did find a main.go file in
/etc/stork/backend/cmd/stork-agent and tried running it on the DHCP server
but it gives me an error. I did have a thought my DHCP servers are
raspberry pi's so ARM based and looking at Cloudsmith.io there isnt an ARM
install candidate only x86 but if the agent is just an .sh file shouldn't
that run on anything? tried googling for solutions but so far have come up
with very little.

Im using kea 1.9.6 and the latest version of Stork

Thanks