[stork-users] Stork-agent configuration towards Kea

Juho-Pekka Kuitunen juho-pekka.kuitunen at nocturnal.fi
Tue Jun 29 14:33:59 UTC 2021

Hey!

I've been toying around with Stork & Stork Agent for monitoring Kea. I'm
testing with the official Docker image:
registry.gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/stork/agent-kea:latest which ends up
with version 0.18.0 at this moment.

Looking at the --help of stork-agent I'm not seeing any options to
configure how and where the connection to Kea is made though? The
assumption could be that it's running in the same env as kea-dhcp4 which
obviously isn't possible with the two separate Docker images. I am running
them on Nomad as sister-tasks with host networking, so they're as closely
groups as possible, and I could bind-mount over the unix socket, but even
that is defined with an arbitrary path on the kea-dhcp4 config side.

So long story short, how is stork-agent configured where to look for a
connection socket? Or is it even looking for the socket? and instead is
trying to connect over tcp to something? Is there a standard path I should
bind-mount the socket to?