Announcing the release of BIND 9.1.0b3
Andreas.Gustafsson at nominum.com
Tue Jan 9 03:04:34 UTC 2001
BIND 9.1.0b3 has been released. It fixes a number of bugs in 9.1.0b2
and improves query performance, particularly on multiprocessors.
BIND 9.1.0b3 can be downloaded from:
The PGP signature of the distribution is at
The signature was generated with the ISC public key, which is available
A list of changes made since 9.1.0b2 follows. For earlier changes,
see the file CHANGES in the distribution.
666. [bug] If a request sent by dig is longer than 512 bytes,
664. [bug] The t_tasks and t_timers module tests are now skipped
when building without threads, since they require
661. [bug] Certain UDP IXFR requests caused an assertion failure
(mpctx->allocated == 0). [RT #355, #394, #623]
659. [performance] Rewrite the name compression code to be much faster.
658. [cleanup] Remove all vestiges of 16 bit global compression.
657. [bug] When a listen-on statement in an lwres block does not
specifiy a port, use 921, not 53. Also update the
listen-on documentation. [RT #616]
649. [bug] It was possible to join to an already running fctx
after it had "cloned" its events, but before it sent
them. In this case, the event of the newly joined
fetch would not contain the answer, and would
trigger the INSIST() in fctx_sendevents(). In
BIND 9.0, this bug did not trigger an INSIST(), but
caused the fetch to fail with a SERVFAIL result.
[RT #588, #597, #605, #607]
647. [bug] Resolver queries sent after following multiple
referrals had excessively long retransmission
timeouts due to incorrectly counting the referrals
646. [bug] The UnixWare ISC_PLATFORM_FIXIN6INADDR fix in isc/net.h
didn't _cleanly_ fix the problem it was trying to fix.
644. [bug] #622 needed more work. [RT #562]
645. [port] BSD/OS 3.0 needs pthread_init(). [RT #603]
642. [bug] Break the exit_check() race in the zone module.
More information about the bind-announce