Announcing the release of BIND 9.1.0rc1
Andreas.Gustafsson at nominum.com
Sat Jan 13 02:02:38 UTC 2001
BIND 9.1.0rc1 has been released. This is a release candidate for 9.1.0.
A number of bugs in 9.1.0b3 have been fixed.
BIND 9.1.0rc1 can be downloaded from:
The PGP signature of the distribution is at
The signature was generated with the ISC public key, which is available
A list of changes made since 9.1.0b3 follows. For earlier changes,
see the file CHANGES in the distribution.
679. [bug] $INCLUDE could leak memory and file descriptors on
reload. [RT #639]
678. [bug] "tranfer-format one-answer;" could trigger an assertion
failure. [RT #646]
677. [bug] dnssec-signzone would occasionally use the wrong ttl
for database operations and fail. [RT #643]
676. [bug] Log messages about lame servers to category
'lame-servers' rather than 'resolver', so as not
to be gratuitously incompatible with BIND 8.
675. [bug] TKEY queries could cause the server to leak
672. [bug] The wrong time was in the "time signed" field when
replying with BADTIME error.
670. [bug] The lwres replacements for getaddrinfo and
getipnodebyname didn't properly check for the
existence of the sockaddr sa_len field.
667. [bug] On Linux, running named with the -u option and a
non-world-readable configuration file didn't work.
More information about the bind-announce