Announcing the release of BIND 9.2.0a2
Andreas.Gustafsson at nominum.com
Tue Jun 12 20:42:15 UTC 2001
BIND 9.2.0a2 is now available. This is an alpha release of BIND
9.2.0, which contains a number of new features over BIND 9.1.
Several bugs have been fixed and some minor features have been
added since 9.2.0a1.
BIND 9.2.0a2 can be downloaded from
The PGP signature of the distribution is at
The signature was generated with the ISC public key, which is available
A list of changes made since 9.2.0a1 follows. For earlier changes,
see the file CHANGES in the distribution.
--- 9.2.0a2 released ---
899. [bug] lib/dns/soa.c failed to compile on many platforms
due to inappropriate use of a void value.
[RT #1372, #1373, #1386, #1387, #1395]
898. [bug] "dig" failed to set a nonzero exit status
on UDP query timeout. [RT #1323]
897. [bug] A config.guess update changed the system identification
string of UnixWare systems; configure now recognizes
the new string.
896. [bug] If a configuration file is set on named's command line
and it has a relative pathname, the current directory
(after any possible jailing resulting from named -t)
will be prepended to it so that reloading works
properly even when a directory option is present.
895. [func] New function, isc_dir_current(), akin to POSIX's
894. [bug] When using the DNSSEC tools, a message intended to warn
when the keyboard was being used because of the lack
of a suitable random device was not being printed.
893. [func] Removed isc_file_test() and added isc_file_exists()
for the basic functionality that was being added
891. [bug] Return an error when a SIG(0) signed response to
an unsigned query is seen. This should actually
do the verification, but it's not currently
possible. [RT #1391]
890. [cleanup] The man pages no longer require the mandoc macros
and should now format cleanly using most versions of
nroff, and HTML versions of the man pages have been
added. Both are generated from DocBook source.
889. [port] Eliminated blank lines before .TH in nroff man
pages since they cause problems with some versions
of nroff. [RT #1390]
888. [bug] Don't die when using TKEY to delete a nonexistent
TSIG key. [RT #1392]
887. [port] Detect broken compilers that can't call static
functions from inline functions. [RT #1212]
866. [func] Close debug only file channels when debug is set to
zero. [RT #1246]
865. [bug] The new configuration parser did not allow
the optional debug level in a "severity debug"
clause of a logging channel to be omitted.
This is now allowed and treated as "severity
debug 1;" like it does in BIND 8.2.4, not as
"severity debug 0;" like it did in BIND 9.1.
864. [cleanup] Multithreading is now enabled by default on
OSF1, Solaris 2.7 and newer, AIX, IRIX, and HP-UX.
863. [bug] If an error occurred while an outgoing zone transfer
was starting up, the server could access a domain
name that had already been freed when logging a
message saying that the transfer was starting.
862. [bug] Use after realloc(), non portable pointer arithmetic in
861. [port] Add support for Mac OS X, by making it equivalent
to Darwin. This was derived from the config.guess
file shipped with Mac OS X. [RT #1355]
860. [func] Drop cross class glue in zone transfers.
859. [bug] Cache cleaning now won't swamp the CPU if there
is a persistent overlimit condition.
858. [func] isc_mem_setwater() no longer requires that when the
callback function is non-NULL then its hi_water
argument must be greater than its lo_water argument
(they can now be equal) or that they be non-zero.
857. [cleanup] Use ISC_MAGIC() to define all magic numbers for
structs, for our friends in EBCDIC-land.
856. [func] Allow partial rdatasets to be returned in answer and
authority sections to help non-TCP capable clients
recover from truncation. [RT #1301]
855. [bug] Stop spurious "using RFC 1035 TTL semantics" warnings.
854. [bug] The config parser didn't properly handle config
options that were specified in units of time other
than seconds. [RT #1372]
853. [bug] configure_view_acl() failed to detach existing acls.
852. [bug] Handle responses from servers which do not know
851. [cleanup] The obsolete support-ixfr option was not properly
--- 9.2.0a1 released ---
More information about the bind-announce