Help - servfail error!

Eva Felipe Eva.Felipe at uab.ericsson.se
Wed Aug 4 08:54:01 UTC 1999

Hello everyone!

I have recently installed bind-8.2.1 but can't get it to work.

Last week I got the error 'query() contains our address'. I have
stuggled with that for a while. Now I get another error that I can't get
rid of.

The log message is 'No root nameservers for class IN' and 'SERVFAIL' is
returned. The SERVFAIL means I am authoritative but a zone is not loaded
(according to the source code).

The problem must be in my configuration files but I don't know where. I
have tried my old configuration files (from bind-8.1.2) without luck.

I am at a loss and getting desperate (since I need to get the server
working by Friday)!

*Any* help is greatly appreciated!

/Eva

Included:    named.conf
	     root.hints

Anything else needed?

---- named.conf ----

options {
	directory "/var/named";
	};

logging {
	channel update {
		       file "/var/adm/named.update";
		       severity		debug 1;
		       print-category	yes;
		       print-severity	yes;
		       print-time	yes;
		       };
	category update { update; };
	};

zone "." {
     type master;
     file "root.hints";
     };

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
     type master;
     file "pz/127.0.0";
     };

zone "iponax.datacom-lab.uab.ericsson.se" {
     type master;
     file "pz/db.test";
     allow-update { 10.20.0.13; };
     };

zone "20.10.in-addr.arpa" {
     type master;
     file "pz/10.20";
     allow-update { 10.20.0.13; };
     };

---- root.hints ----

.               99999999  IN  NS
gateway1.iponax.datacom-lab.uab.ericsson.se.
gateway1.iponax.datacom-lab.uab.ericsson.se.    99999999  IN  A
10.20.0.13