myNIC registration requirements

asenec at asenec.dallas.nationwide.net asenec at asenec.dallas.nationwide.net
Wed Aug 18 03:36:27 UTC 1999

Has anyone dealt with this registration agency?
Surely they can't have a registration requirement
as insane as this:

> NSLOOKUP RESULT:
>

> --- PRIMARY SERVER ---
>

> nslookup -q=any  smartchoice.com.my  216.121.32.12
>
> Server:  magnesium.colossus.net
> Address:  216.121.32.12
>
> Non-authoritative answer:     <==SHOULD GIVE AN authoritative answer

That was taken from the rejection notification sent by myNIC to
the party attempting to register the domain.

Going at this from a different approach, short of starting named and blocking
all the world from the nameserver, except for myNIC, how could one possibly
guarantee an authoritative response from a nameserver for a particular
domain?  Am I missing something here?

Annette