BIND 4 to BIND 8

semara semara at hardlink.com
Thu Aug 26 10:08:13 UTC 1999

Hello,

I am running a Linux Box at work (Redhat 5.2) and am running BIND version
4.2.  I attempted to copy all my zone files to a solaris box (2.7) and use
that as the DNS server.  When I ran the named that came with solaris it
executed ok but everytime I do a nslookup it says something like
"xxx.xxx.xxx.xx name server not found" and is not able to resolve (x's
represent the IP).

Is there something that I am missing here? I know the named that comes
with 2.7 is BIND version 8.  Do I have to do something to my zone files to
convert them to the new version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--S