DNS / IPV6 Gibberish

Mark.Kasper at icn.siemens.com Mark.Kasper at icn.siemens.com
Fri Aug 27 13:29:39 UTC 1999

This is an experpt from article on CMP Tech Net (see link below). Enjoy.

 "The other argument for IPv6 is that it would let us solve the
  forthcoming domain-name-address shortage. Yes, we're running out
  of domain-name addresses, but perhaps we can address that by
  reducing the number of Internet addresses you get with each
  domain name. Throwing blocks of 10,000 addresses in with each
  Class A name should be a Class A felony; why not just blocks of
  1,000 addresses, each of which can handle up to 10,000 virtual
  addresses in subnets? Let's make the current holders of Class A
  domain names cough up some of their addresses."

"Richard Adhikari is a leading journalist on advanced-IP issues for several
major publications, including The Wall Street Journal, and is a regular
contributor to Planet IT."

http://www.planetit.com/techcenters/docs/advanced_ip_services/opinion/PIT19990816S0013

Regards,
Mark