compiling 8.2.2-P5 on AIX4.3.1

Mark W. Manley mwm3q at calvin.acc.virginia.edu
Thu Dec 2 17:06:05 UTC 1999

The problem is the AIX 4.3.x has built-in support for IPV6.  Older
versions of AIX did not.  To get around this problem, I added:

#ifdef  UVA
#define HAS_INET6_STRUCTS
#endif  /* UVA */

to the 'port_after.h' file and then I added '-DUVA' to the Makefile.set
file.  After that, I had no problems with compiling BIND under AIX
4.3.2 (I do not know about 4.3.1).

I hope this info helps...

MM