Question

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Dec 10 17:10:17 UTC 1999

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 02:01:42PM -0500, Chavous P. Camp wrote:
> Is there a limitation in the NT version that you can't bind it to a
> certain IP using
> listen-on on a multi-homed machine?  It seems to default to the
> primary IP and won't give up or accept connections on any other IP. I
> put the following in my named.conf file:
>
> options {
> 	listen-on [ 53 ] { 192.168.168.50; };
> };
>
> (ip is anonymized, of course)
> and it still doesn't work!

I don't know whether "listen-on" works under MSW-NT [and will ignore the
craving to add more about what works].  But if you actually have the "["
and "]" characters in your configuration file, it will certainly ignore
it!  Those are meta-characters in the documentation, meant to tell you
that the port number is optional.  The option may be either:

	listen-on 53 { 192.168.168.50; };
or:
	listen-on { 192.168.168.50; };

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B