zone "." {type hint; file "named.ca";}; not working

Mark.Andrews at iengines.com Mark.Andrews at iengines.com
Sat Dec 11 13:46:34 UTC 1999

	BIND 8 uses a random high numbered port to talk to other
	nameservers.  BIND 4 uses port 53 to do this.  If you have
	a firewall that was written for a BIND 4 server between you
	and the rest of the world it is most probably blocking the
	packets.

	You can lock down the port and/or address used with
	query-source.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com