what's the usage of these files ?

Haicheng Yu yuhc at asiainfo.com
Tue Dec 14 02:18:25 UTC 1999

hi gurus,

I just compiled and installed BIND-8.2.2-p5 on my Sun box.
When I "make install", I found that it install some *.h and *.a in
/usr/local/bind directory, such as libbind.a in /usr/local/bind/lib and
resolv.h in /usr/local/bind/include . Then I tried ldd on named, but it
showed me that it doesn't need libbind.a . So could you tell me are these
files necessary for bind-8.2.2-p5 , because I want to make all the binary
and manpage files to a package and install to another machine.

Any help will be appreciated.
thanks

Haicheng Yu