Fake TLD's in the hint file

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Dec 20 22:49:05 UTC 1999

In article <19991220162235.P20708 at adams.cospo.osis.gov>,
Joseph S D Yao  <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov> wrote:
>But in BIND 4, as in BIND 8, all you really have to do is declare the
>zone normally:
>
>primary		fakeTLD		zone.fakeTLD

He's trying to get something equivalent to BIND 8's "type forward" domain.
I don't see how that would do it, since it would make his server primary
for the domain, and it wouldn't forward to another machine.

I think BIND 4.8 would allow you to put random domains in the cache file,
and would use them, but that went away in 4.9.x.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com