SRV record question

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Wed Dec 22 17:29:28 UTC 1999

> Hi.  We are running BIND 8.1.1 on AIX.  I was looking at the configs and
> didn't understand the SRV records that I found.  Here is an example:
>
> CTAA    3600    IN      SRV             0      0     9106
> mvsg.liv.principal.com.;Cl=3
>                 ^^^^^^
> ^             ^          ^^^^^^   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                 ????
> priority    weight      port     target
>
> I found all of these documented in "DNS &  BIND, 3rd Edition",
> except for the 3600.  Has anybody seen this type of an SRV record
> before?

That's the TTL field.  It's also described in the book, though
not in the same place as the SRV record.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.