DNS Question...HELP..

Joe Weiss joe at be-secure.com
Wed Dec 22 16:22:52 UTC 1999

Background:

I have a domain that has 2 name servers (Primary and a Secondary).

Problem:

Suddenly my secondary name server has stopped updating the in-addr.arpa
file from my primary name server.  All other dns files are being sent
with no problems.  The error in my syslog on my secondary name server is
as follows: (domain names and IP's have been carefully sanitized)

Dec 22 11:08:21 ns2.my.domain named-xfer[26819]: [192.168.1.132] not
authoritative for 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa, SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0,
ancount 1, aucount 0

The start of my in-addr.arpa file on my primary server is as follows:

@

        IN      SOA     ns1.my.domain.     root.ns1.my.domain. (
                        1999130602      ;serial
                        10800           ;refresh
                        1800            ;retry
                        3600000         ;expire
                        259200)         ;minimum
;
        IN      NS      ns1.my.domain.
        IN      NS      ns2.my.domain.

I can not figure out why I am getting this error?  Can anyone offer some
assistance via email?  Any and all help will be appreciated.

--Joe