Controversial SOA values ?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Dec 27 19:06:39 UTC 1999

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 06:58:30AM -0500, wwebb at adni.net wrote:
> In checking around a bit,  I noticed that the DNS folks at
> organizations such as HARVARD.EDU,  BERKLEY.EDU,
> BMW.COM, APPLE.COM, MICROSOFT.COM, CONGRESS.GOV
> all use expire times in excess of 3 weeks (and some over 11
> weeks).

And you'd trust THEM?  ;-)

[Disclaimer: I was associated with one of those domains for about half a
decade, in various capacities, about 25 years ago.  I had nothing to do
with their DNS at that time, though.]

[OBTW, berkley.edu is in Spain, were you thinking of Berkeley.EDU in CA
USA?]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B