registering a dns server with register.com

Alex Miller newsgroupreply at bannerclub.com
Thu Dec 30 01:18:22 UTC 1999

I have a domain registered with register.com

It's called acmeconscience.org

I have created a canonical name acme.acmeconscinence.org
and an alias ns1.acmeconcscience.org

I would LIKE to specify ns1.acmeconscience.org as an
authoritative name server.

I am using Suse Linux 6.2 and Bind is version 8

Is there a named.conf directive that identifies the nameserver?
My computers host.domainame is the canonical acme.acmeconscience.org

But more in keeping with the subject of this message,
can I register ns1.acmeconscience.org

I know that network solutions uses a "host form" but I
can't find any such equivalent thing in register.com

Alex Miller