registering a dns server with register.com

Mike Witt mike at computer-arts.net
Fri Dec 31 15:39:18 UTC 1999

Alex Miller wrote:

> I have a domain registered with register.com

<snip>

> I would LIKE to specify ns1.acmeconscience.org as an
> authoritative name server.

I started to register a domain with register.com the other
day, but as I got to what appeared to be the end of the
process (they were asking for my credit card) I realized
that they hadn't asked me for the addresses of my name
servers, so I got worried and backed out.

Both Network Solutions and AWRegistry (the only two I've
successfully used) ask you for your name servers as part
of the registration process.

It's not clear to me at all what the process is for making
changes to a domain when you use the "other" registries.
For example, do you have to make changes with the same
entity you did the initial registration with?  I looked
through the ICANN pages, and couldn't find anything that
addressed this question (although there's quite a lot there,
so I could have missed it :-)

-Mike

--
Mike Witt