Strange nslookup problem

ava at prime.ru ava at prime.ru
Sun Jul 11 12:55:29 UTC 1999

I'm using bind 8.2.1 with "forwarders-first" option and recursion=yes
for everybody. I've detected the following problem with one (and the
only one) domain used as nslookup-argument.
If i try nslookup -q=any emts.ru 127.0.0.1,
the following answer appears:
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
emts.ru internet address = 195.151.3.60

(root)  nameserver = A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
(root)  nameserver = H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
<skipped>
L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET      internet address = 198.32.64.12
M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET      internet address = 202.12.27.33
The first problem is, that bind did not follow recursive mode.
The second problem is, that bind did not ask forwarders, because
nslookup -q=any emts.ru <my forwarder> gives full correct data.
EMTS.RU seems to have correct DNS settings, but it is the only domain
my nslookup fails with! Nslookup works fine with any other domain.
Can somebody help?

Yours,
Alexander Andreev

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/