CNAME problems

Sam Wilson Sam.Wilson at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 8 09:35:31 UTC 1999

In article <378392E6.A96D9C29 at cisco.com>, Michael Voight
<mvoight at cisco.com> wrote:

>Why do you keep requesting a receipt from the whole email list?

I didn't know I was.  I'm not mailing the list explicitly, I'm posting a
message to a moderated newsgroup, comp.protocols.dns.bind. There's no sign
of a 'Return-receipt-to:' header or anything similar in the message as I
compose it (with NewsWatcher 2.0 - I'm aware that's a little old) nor in
the headers of the article once it reaches the newsgroup, though Sami
Yousif's message has a

   Disposition-Notification-To: Sami Yousif <syousif at iname.com>

in it and both his and mine have

which I guess must be put in somewhere along the news->mail->news chain.

I'm sending this to both you and the list/group (sorry folks - debugging
necessity, I suppose) and perhaps you, Michael, could send back both
messages as received - to me, not to the list/group, obviously - and I'll
se if I can work out what's going on.

--
Sam Wilson
Network Services Division, Computing Services