Domain has vanished?!

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Jul 8 22:40:35 UTC 1999

> >     I am running in.named that came with Solaris 2.5 . I must confess
> > that I
> > am not really an expert with this. I have a problem where one of my
> > domains
> > seems to have vanished. I.e. no one can resolve it, in the sense that
> > when
> > they look it up they find it doesn't exist. I have checked it is
> > registered
> > (it is, has been for a year or so), and there are no billing issues
> > either.

	A little investigating shows that Network Solutions thinks there
	is.

> > My DNS config re this domain hasn't changed since last year sometime.
> > So
> > when I try and send a test from hotmail for example to a mailbox on
> > this
> > domain I get an error saying that no host can be found for that
> > domain.
> >     This problem started over the weekend apparently.
> > The domain is hba-uk.com btw.
>
> The domain is still in 'whois', and in the servers named therein.
>
> The domain is obviously not in the root servers.  Which means that NSI
> may think you DO have billing problems.  Check with them, or with the
> person or group to whom you send your money for domain registration.
>
> --
> Joe Yao				jsdy at cospo.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
> COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B
> This message is not an official statement of COSPO policies.

	The domain is on-hold and according to network solutions there
	is US$70 owing.  You can find this out by going to
	https://payments.networksolutions.com/ and entering the domain
	in question.  You can also pay this way if you want.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org