How does DNS work in this situation ?

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Thu Jul 22 19:49:57 UTC 1999

Configuration depends on what DNS version you use.
In BIND 4.x, you would add the following to named.boot:

forwarders 1.2.3.4 (address of ns1)
slave (to only go to ns1 and not try to reach the root servers)

Are you trying to manage DNS without any reference material??
This is very basic DNS configuration stuff.

Michael